For this assignment, you’ll need to make comments with Word’s track changes feature. Here’s a video on making track changes and comments, if you need a refresher:
Attach the comments from you partners’ papers here, as ONE DOCUMENT. UNO DOCUMENTO, POR FAVOR. EIN DOKUMENT, BITTE.
To do that, you might copy and paste each paper into one document BEFORE you make comments/track changes. If you make track changes BEFORE copy/pasta, then Word will assue the pasted document are ALL changes. As a result, you’ll have an ugly blue/red/green mess.
Here are the instructions:
- Read the introduction. Does the author use the “funnel” technique? If so, suggest how the author can jump directly into the subject matter.
- Thesis Statement – does the writer have a clear thesis statement / statement of purpose? Does this sentence (or sentences) tell the reader EXACTLY what is being argued?
- Underline the thesis statement.
- Give advice on how to improve the thesis. (Be CONCRETE here.)
- Using Track Changes, for each paragraph except the first, do the following:
- Rewrite each topic sentence to better forecast the paragraphs contents. I don’t care if you think it’s the best topic sentence in topic-sentence-town.
- Make sure the paper uses passive voice whenever possible instead of the active voice/first person pronouns. Offer suggestions if you can.
- Mark any areas where sources are integrated incorrectly. Remember author tags, paraphrasing, etc. There should be no block quotes. Punctuation inside of quotes.
- In a summary PARAGRAPH, summarize your comments:
- What are several errors that were repeated throughout? How can the author correct those recurring errors?